Guest essay by Jeffrey Daly
Though after the fact of the event it represents, we share this piece for its example. We are thankful for France’s leadership here, and pray that the U.S. will follow it.—ed.
Dear Participants of the National Day of Repentance Ministry:
Calling all Genevieves! We need your urgent prayers!
We are asking for your Intercessory Prayer assistance on January 3rd, 2016 to pray for France. A call has gone out for everyone to fall on their knees for a National Day of Repentance in response to the social unrest throughout this beleaguered country.
As France has slowly shifted off of its Christian foundations towards a more secularized society (like much of Western Civilization), spiritual darkness has grown. The fear of God is rare, evil is seen as good and Jews are making an exodus as they fear for their personal safety.
There is perhaps no greater indicator of a civilization’s impending judgment than that of the Exodus of the Jewish people. In history and in the Bible, this is an indicator that overturn is imminent.
As a way to share burdens and as a way to build unity across the Body of Christ, please join us as you intercede for France.
As we shared the praise report last year of the simple but powerful repentance service held outside Paris, we were encouraged by the HUGE outpouring of support we have received from all over the world. Additionally, we have it on our hearts to translate this into French (pardon us for any mistakes) so that our brothers and sisters in France may share it to their French-speaking databases.
Very few realize that the area known as Gaul (Southern France) was one of the earliest growth spots for Christianity after the diaspora of the Apostles from Jerusalem. Gaul also means “jail” and, in God’s spiritual order, it makes perfect sense that France would now be leading the world out of spiritual bondage into a new era of True Repentance.
One final warning: The Antichrist spirit always works an evil mirror image while a true godly event is occurring in the spiritual world. He works through deception and subterfuge in an attempt to divert God’s plans.
Be aware that there is a “false repentance” movement going on simultaneously as we see major denominations embracing all sorts of abominations and perversions in the name of ecumenical oneness. It is not repentance to open the doors of the Church wide to the gates of hell. Everyone must humble themselves, and bow down to the one and only entry point…the Door of Jesus Christ, the Living Word.
The Good Shepherd and His Sheep
“Anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber….Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.—John 10:1, 7-9 NIV
While it may seem “nice” to allow everyone to become part of the Church…no one can enter in without first repenting of their sinful lifestyle.
Please stand strong against the schemes of the devil.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit of the Living God would be honored above all else, including above all the ways of the flesh.
- Pray that any blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will be ended and that all prior blasphemy would be covered under the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ and His unending Love.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will no longer be quenched but instead will be released in all of France throughout the Body of Christ.
- Pray for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit and a new love for Jesus as Lord, a new love for His Truth, for the Bible and for His Grace and Justice.
- Pray that the bold spirit of intercession, calling upon Christ for His miracles, evidenced by the prayers of Genevieve to protect Paris, would be renewed and unleashed powerfully throughout the Body of Christ in France.
- Pray that all laws upholding Sanctification of Perversions will be reversed, specifically the 2013 law permitting the Biblical unlawfulness of homosexual “marriage.” Pray the the spirit of godly resistance that was revived in the streets of France will continue Onward with divine renewal.
- Pray that divisions among denominations in France will be healed and love among brothers and sisters in Christ would be powerfully released in new forms of cooperation, joint worship and fellowship in Jesus’ Name. We pray against any false unity of the brethren by the watering down of God’s Holy Word.
- Pray for a spirit of personal repentance and National Repentance for idolatry, for allowing the love of Christ to grow cold, for leaving their first love.
- Pray for a spirit of personal repentance and National Repentance for the spiritual adultery of following false religions including human secularism and socialism/Marxism masquerading as social justice.
- Pray for the ongoing slaughter of innocent life through abortion and euthanasia to be stopped and the most vulnerable to be protected. Pray for reversal of recent “End of Life” laws enacted in 2015. Specifically pray against demonic laws that bring DEATH instead of LIFE and we recommit to choose God’s plan of LIFE which is from natural conception to natural death.
- Pray for a deeper revelation of the Lord’s love for Israel and His Chosen People and for removal of the Antichrist spirit of Anti-Semitism against them.
- Pray that through a growing National spirit of Repentance the Lord’s unique destiny for France will be revealed and seen as an example of national spiritual cleansing to believers in other nations.
God Bless You!,
Pastor Jeff Daly
National Day of Repentance
© 2106 Used by Permission